Mealworms for Bluebirds
- Use one of our feeders; either the cedar or recycled feeder. Both are designed specifically for bluebirds and to keep other birds out.
- Most people use medium mealworms for young and adult bluebirds. Some people use small mealworms for baby bluebirds.
- Don't put your bluebird feeder near your bluebird house. They need to be at least 30 feet apart.
- You can feed bluebirds all year long. Some will stay through the winter if there is enough of a food source.
- You can train bluebirds to know when it's time to eat with a whistle, bell, etc. Feeding bluebirds is a great hobby for lots of people throughout the country.